Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Day

What a difference a day makes!!

I went into work yesterday a little bit nervous about what the day might hold, but also with a positive attitude. Not only was it a new week, but it was also a new month. Perfect time to start fresh, right?

It actually turned out to be a pretty good day. I was productive and time flew by - those are the kinds of days I like to have!!

Because of the rain we had at the end of last week and over the weekend, I left my scooter at Emory, which meant I had to walk to work yesterday morning. There's something so calming about taking the time to walk (it's about 2 1/2 miles up and down hills - takes about 40 minutes) and just enjoying being outside, listening to some of my favorite music and combining a commute with exercise. Granted - we've been at about 85% humidity with high levels of smog - but if you look past all of that it's a great time to just breathe and have some one-on-one time with God.

That being said - it was fun to get back on my scooter and zoom home when the day was over!!

When I got home there was a box waiting for me!! Veronica had read about my cooking disaster #1 and cooking disaster #2 and offered to send me a local seasoning (she lives in Southern California) that she uses all the time. We tried it to make fajitas and it was awesome!! And - you know me - I proceeded to google it and I found a website with all of the different spices made by this brand (Veronica had sent me the original blend) and (more importantly) RECIPES!! I will definitely be trying some of them.

Susie Q's Seasoning

Thanks Veronica!! For those of you who haven't checked out her blog, you really should. She also has a crochet business and makes the most beautiful hats. She's currently taking a summer hiatus, but look for some new patterns in the fall!!

That's all for now ... Smile big, love hard, rejoice always, find grace and live in peace,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the seasoning! I literally use it in everything I cook. It makes it so easy that all the basic spices are all together in one bottle. Glad you found their website too. They do make a few other things that I really haven't tried.

    Thanks for mentioning my hats. I'm trying to stay off the computer as much as I can this month and get focused. A month flies by!

    P.S. I'm really located more in the middle of CA. Here we call it the Central Coast. We're situated in the middle of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, CA.

    Hope you're having a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails