Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Hopeless

I tried to make dinner for Bruce tonight.  We were having our weekly "date night" and because he planned last weeks night out I thought I would plan a menu and treat my husband to a yummy meal.

Thought.

Here was what was on the menu:
Appetizers - Tostitos with a Spicy Cheese Dip
Dinner - Ham & Scalloped Potatoes, cooked all day in the crock pot
Dessert - Layered Devil's Food & Yellow Cake (the same flavors as our wedding cake)

I was even going to be cute and make little menus for the occasion.

Here's what happened:
- I overestimated the size of my small crock pot and had to move the spicy cheese dip into a pot on the stove where it subsequently burned to the bottom.
- I left the big crock pot (with the ham) on high for too long; everything dried out and burned to the sides of the crock pot.
- I didn't let one of the layers of the cake cool enough and when I went to move it, it fell into a bunch of pieces.

That's right, in one fail swoop I managed to ruin not one, not two, but THREE COURSES of a meal I tried to cook.

It's almost comical.

Almost.

1 comment:

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails