Friday, September 2, 2011

Deep Breath.

First of all - I love you guys.  When the comments came in after last night's post I felt so loved and even laughed and smiled at some of the funnier stuff that y'all said.


After I cried, blogged and drank some water, Bruce and I turned on our trusty radio, lit some candles and I did a puzzle while he tied flies with some new material that he bought at work.  In all honesty - the dark nights really aren't bothering me (they are actually kind of peaceful!) - it's the lack of water!

The good news is that the power IS back at the church (a few things are still not working, but they apparently come from a different line than everything else) and our phone and internet have been restored.  So I do have access to outlets that I don't have to fight Starbucks-patrons for, water out of a tap, lights that turn on with a switch and wifi.

It's the little things.

And honestly - you all have kept me so sane throughout this blackout.  I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't seen the encouraging comments come through every day.  You encouraged me when I tried to be strong and let me melt down when I hit my breaking point.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.

So - hey!  Maybe next time I blog I'll be at home on my own network!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were suffering as much as we did in our Monday night's class with the other Sara(h)s... ; ) praying that yours and everyone else's life returns to normal soon and that all may remember to be thankful for our everyday blessings compared to those who lack every day... Have a great Labor Day weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you guys do it. I would be at my wits end going that long with out power.

    Hope you get it back on soon.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Dan - I'm so thankful to have things back to normal, but I'm also really conflicted about those that I know don't have what I have on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan, we did finally get it back - six days, whoa! I'm feeling thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray! *HUGS* i thought of you today while talking to a friend at work. her husband is working hard out in jersey to restore power. she said his boss told him he could be out there a month. eep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - WOW! That's a long time!

    It's not actually the lack of power that bothered most of us as much as it was the lack of water! The bathrooms and the kitchen ... just ... eww.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails