Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Morning Person

I told my sweet husband last night that I wanted to become a morning person.

He laughed.

I'm not sure how to take that.

I had some work that I had to get done this morning so I was at the church by 8 - it was great for my productivity, but not for my need to have a good breakfast!  I tried to wake up earlier so I could eat a good breakfast and still get to the office early, but alas - it didn't happen.


Shoofly Pie may taste good, but it's doesn't keep me full for long.  I just got out of a meeting so I'm going to find some food!

***

Question - Is being a morning person something you can learn?  Any tips?

3 comments:

  1. Hm...I consider myself a morning person, but there's a limit. (I'm not the kind of person who can/will wake up at 5 am for a workout!).
    Two things that help ease my mornings: coffee I really enjoy (when I'm not pregnant; I know you already have this one down.) and an energizing breakfast. For me, a green monster smoothie and a piece of whole grain toast with a little nut butter really does the trick- especially if I can keep it up for about a week. Then those smoothies really start to kick in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the past 6 months I've had to get up at 4:30 am for my job. Now I typically wake up at 6-6:30am even if I can sleep in. I can't say I'm exactly happy with that, but I can get a lot done in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not natuarally a morning person, but I do try. I feel better when I don't sleep too late. I think it's all about the routine. Start by goint to bed really early and set your alarm in the bathroom, doing this means you have to get completely up. Once your in the bathroom it's much easier to get going. Alsom Set your coffee pot on auto. There is not much worst than either wasting or drinking cold/re-heated coffee.
    My husband (a pastor) and I have started getting up at 6:30 and having breakfast together and then praying together before I leave for work at 8. I really enjoy this alone and uniterupted time with him and it is also a huge motivation to get up and going.
    So, what I am saying is make the morning the time of the day when you know your going to do something you enjoy, such as having a cup of coffe and good conversation with the hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails