Monday, April 4, 2011

Basketball Tragedy

It's gray, cloudy and drizzly outside.


Mother Nature must be crying over last night's UCONN game.


I don't want to talk about it.


Okay, maybe I do want to talk about it.  Here are my thoughts on last night's game ...
1. Good for women's college basketball for being so competitive.  Back in the day you were almost always guaranteed to have two number one seeds in the championship game.
2. I didn't think either game was particularly well officiated.  A lot of bad calls and bad no-calls - on both sides!
3. UCONN had a young team.  I feel badly for Maya Moore because this was her senior year - but I think them losing proves that it's impossible for one person to carry an entire team.  But this loss shouldn't take away from her career!
4. I hope the state of Connecticut remembers that these are college students, not professional athletes.  They had an awesome season and I am celebrating that.
5. I'm rooting for the Aggies in the championship - not out of spite for Notre Dame, but A&M has never even made it to the final four.

Who are you all rooting for tonight and tomorrow?  Obviously I'm rooting for UCONN tonight. :)

Okay, I have a long to-do list at work today - have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the boys win tonight!!!!
    GO HUSKIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rooting for UCONN since stupid stupid Butler beat VCU! (I'm a little bitter in case you couldn't tell, haha!)

    Your new home looks really great!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails