Friday, February 25, 2011

Years. Off. My. Life.

I have something to share.

Bruce took approximately 10 years off of my life this morning.

I haven't mentioned it on here, but Bruce has been working part-time, which is a blessing in so many ways for us.  It is a little bit of income that doesn't involve my savings account, but it is not something he would mind walking away from if we have to move.  The past couple of mornings he's been up and at 'em around 6 and this morning was no different.

After Bruce left this morning, I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I was partly being lazy, but was mostly just exhausted because my cat decided 3 a.m. was a nice time to declare her desire to be fed by knocking everything off of my nightstand one item at a time.

I rolled over again at 8 a.m. feeling refreshed, but still a little bit lazy.  I had brought my laptop up to my room last night, so I pulled it into bed and started checking my email and catching up on my favorite blogs.  I figured I could get away with it because Bruce wasn't home and no one would know.

Fast forward to 9 a.m.  I thought I heard a car coming up my driveway.  Is that my driveway?  Or is it someone coming up the neighbor's driveway?  Maybe it's the oil truck?  No, I just got oil last week.  I swear that's my driveway.  Is that the garage door opening?  No - who knows the code to the garage door?  My mom?  No, she's texting me.  My dad?  Maybe he has a delay because of the weather.  Maybe I'm just hearing things.  Maybe I should get up and check.  Is there something within arms reach that I can grab and hit someone with if I'm being robbed?


My heart started to beat a little faster because I thought I heard someone coming up the steps.  I looked up and all of a sudden Bruce walked through the door.

"Hi Babe!"

"ohmygod you scared me half to death!"

Apparently he didn't have to work very long today.  I did not know that.  So two things happened this morning ...
1. Bruce took approximately 10 years off of my life.
2. Bruce caught me in bed reading blogs at 9 a.m. on a Friday morning.
I'm not sure which is more horrifying.

How about some Friday Favorites?  My shelves are bare and I think I am going to  look for some new inspiration as I head to the store this weekend.  Here is what is catching my eye right now!

(Head over to Finding Joy In My Kitchen for more Friday Favorites!)



I don't have any blackberries at the moment, but I still have some of Maura's raspberries in my freezer.  I would love to try my hand at a Raspberry Cobbler!



This recipe is genius.  I don't like bananas, but I think I could use strawberries instead and OH MY it seems divine.



I've actually made this before, but not in at least a year!  I'd love to bring it back and get the recipe up on my blog as well.



Emily made this with a bunch of vegan cheese-like ingredients, which I'm kind of scared to try.  I think I'll just use the real stuff. :)



This isn't so much a recipe as it is a meal idea, but doesn't this look amazing?  Between this and the tuna I had at Betsey's the other day, I can't stop thinking about the chicken of the sea.

Alright, I'm off to be productive and make up for the fact that I was caught red-handed!

Have a great day - TGIF!

3 comments:

  1. Check out peapod - you shop online then Stop and shop delivers - I hear they pick the produce and meats most recently delivered. Link below - you and Bruce totally need to come for drinks and/or dinner

    http://www.peapod.com/site_frameset.jhtml?NUM1=1298678693910

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! And it doesn't cost extra? Genius!

    I'll check with Bruce! He starts his normal hours next week, so I'll see how late is too late to be out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pita pockets look delicious.

    I'm glad it was Bruce and not someone breaking in!!! Eek.

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails