Monday, February 7, 2011

Willing Spring To Come

Someone was out running errands this afternoon and that someone came home with flowers for his wife!


I am so lucky.


Bruce said that we should put the flowers on the table with dinner and at least pretend spring was coming. 


After my December stir fry disaster I haven't really felt like attempting anything that would require stir frying.  However, like most things that I haven't succeeded at the first time around, I decided to take a couple of steps back and learn how to do it slowly, but surely.


So tonight for dinner I made a stir-fry-like chicken teriyaki and served it on rice.


I boiled the chicken so it could cook through without drying out.  Then I cut it into strips and threw it on a cast iron skillet.  I let the chicken sizzle for about a minute and then drizzled a lot of teriyaki sauce on it, stirring everything constantly.  Once the sauce had soaked into the meat, I cut the heat and took the skillet off the burner.


Not bad - next time I may add vegetables!  It definitely goes to show that the "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again" mantra goes for cooking as well.


Fresh out of the oven brownies and milk for dessert.  Hit the spot!

Night all!

1 comment:

  1. That's a good idea to boil the chicken first. Aaah, that brownie + milk = YUM

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails