Monday, February 28, 2011

Free Car Wash Anyone?

Morning all!

Before I forget (because I have been known to), the second part of my series on women and friendships is up and cranking at Girl Talk - check it out here!

It is absolutely POURING here today, but rather than complain about the dreary day, I turned lemons into lemonade and pulled my car out of the garage ...


Rain = Free Car Wash.  Score.

I was giddily excited about my breakfast this morning!  My mom had a couple of muffins leftover from Saturday's workshop and she offered me one as I was leaving her house yesterday.  I took a coffee cake one!  Costco muffins are amazing.


I cut mine in half, threw it in the toaster oven and toasted it to "medium-dark".


It was PERFECT.  Crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.  Not burnt!



And the butter that I topped it with instantly melted.


What a delicious way to start my morning!

***

My friend Amanda and I are putting together a team from our church to run in the CT Breast Health Initiative's 2011 Race In The Park.  Any of my CT blog friends running the race?  Church friends - if you are interested in being part of the team, please let me know!  We run in honor of Carol Conklin and Lynn Redgrave.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yummmy muffin! I have noticed that the Costco and the Sam's have wonderful baked goodies. : )

    Also, your car is a beautiful color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Yade Sea Metallic! Bruce was living in Africa when I bought it and haaaaates it. I told him that when you hop the pond and leave me to fend for myself for months, you don't get a say in what color car I buy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails