Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet Flapjack Pancakes

Oh. My. Goodness.


There is at least two feet of snow out there.  It is up to my knees!


I posted all of the photos I took this morning to photo stream on my flickr account.  You can view them here.  Let me know what you think!

A state-wide snow day called for pancakes!  Since we're obviously not going anywhere anytime soon I figured today would be a good day to share the pancake recipe I've been using and tweaking over the past month.  Enjoy!

Sweet Flapjack Pancakes
(modified from this recipe)

1 1/2 cups Flour
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon White Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/4 cups Milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons Butter (melted)


Combine your flour ... 


Baking Powder and Salt ... 


Sugar and Vanilla ...


And Milk.


Melt your butter and throw that into the mixer with the egg.  Blend for about two minutes on medium speed.  Try not to over-mix.  You want your pancakes fluffy!


I find that it's easy to pour all the batter in a measuring cup and then pour it on the griddle from there.


Pancake tip - fast, hot cooking makes them crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.  I heat the griddle to 350-375.

Pour on the griddle, cook, flip and enjoy!


With some real maple syrup perhaps?


And coffee and juice!




What do you think - are you willing to give up your pancake batter and try 'em from scratch?  It is so easy!

Alright, we're off to ... deal with (?) ... the snow.  I'm not sure what that means.

Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look amazing! I was actually up in CT this weekend for one of my interviews so I just missed the huge snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make pancakes from scratch. It's so easy it's silly not too.

    And actually I even saw an Alton Brown recipe for pancake mix. You pretty much mix all the dry ingredients in bulk and store it. Once your ready to use it use just mix in the wet ingredients. SO pretty much homemade pancakes with the convenience of a mix!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails