Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Presents, Pies and Wear a Dress Tuesday

"Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be."
Elizabeth Gilbert

I LOVE this quote!  Something to keep in the back of your mind as you start making your new year's resolutions ... 


I tried to convince myself that 28 degrees and snow-covered streets would be fun to run in and through today ... 


It wasn't a terrible run, but it wasn't a particularly good run either.  I'm attributing the "eh-ness" of the run to three things:
1. Lack of fuel - let's face it, I didn't eat very well yesterday.  It's time to start thinking about getting back on track with healthy eating!
2. Tired legs - my legs felt like bricks!  I haven't been stretching well lately (um, or at all).  I think I was also feeling the shoveling from yesterday!
3. Snowy conditions - dodging snow piles and ice spots was slowing me down a little bit.  And my running sneakers are not waterproof!  Brr.
In the end, I ran 2.80 miles in 29:43, averaging a 10:36 pace.

Here was my breakdown:
Mile 1 - 9:52
Mile 2 - 11:39
2.00 - 2.80 - 8:12 (10:14 pace)

Post-run I inhaled a PB&J.


I probably should have thought to eat one before I left.  Oh, well - run on!


Look what was waiting for me when I got back from my run!  My favorite lieutenant sent us a house warming gift full of coffee and chocolate!  Do my friends know me or what?  Granted, I would have preferred his and his beautiful fiance's presence as a present :) but since that's not possible, I will gladly except this.  Thank you Gib and Justine!

My parent's invited us over for football, basketball and dinner tonight, but since I had already planned on cooking dinner, I packed up all of my ingredients, took them along and cooked there!


I finally made a Christmas Leftover Pie!  I was a little bit nervous because I had never attempted this before (and wasn't following a recipe), but it was delicious!


Mmm.  I'll post the recipe in the morning - both my dad and Bruce went back for seconds!  That's the sign of a good dish.


I was kind of proud. :)

Do you like my WADT outfit?  I was wearing ... 
- A pink long sleeved shirt that I bought at a thrift store
- Black Apt. 9 leggings that I got for Christmas ("Santa" bought them on massive sale at Kohls)
- A summer sleeveless Pink Rose dress from TJ Maxx
- A black 89th & Madison cover up
- Silver hoop earrings that my sweet husband stuck in my stocking

I needed a bright pick-me-up after my run, so I decided to go with some fun layers.  I like it!

I can't believe today was the last WADT of the year!  It's hard to believe how far this little movement has come in one year.  Our facebook page has over 70 fans!  When I created it, I thought we might have ten fans, but 70?!  That's amazing.  YOU guys are amazing for supporting this movement.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails