Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Countdown to 2011: Soups

Hello there and happy Wear a Dress Tuesday!  Man, we woke up after yesterday's blackout to a messy house!  Apparently not being able to see means that we didn't have the means to put anything away?

Sine we didn't eat a whole lot yesterday, I was starving when I woke up.  It took me awhile to get moving, though, so I decided to make more of a brunch than a breakfast.


Two leftover pancakes (last ones!) and a two-egg cheese omelet.


Actually, in the spirit of honesty, I should tell you that I was originally making scrambled eggs.  However, after an unfortunate incident involving the garbage can, coffee grounds and egg shells left me crawling on my hands and knees picking gross things up and Bruce standing over me with a broom, I stood up and realized my eggs had cooked before I had a chance to scramble them.  So I flipped them and decided I was having an omelet for breakfast.


Mmm, hit the spot.  And the kitchen is clean from the mess I made (thanks for helping, Bruce!).

***

As we continue to countdown to 2011, I've been participating in Finding Joy In My Kitchen's recipe exchange (see my breakfast post here).  Today we're looking at our favorite soups and stews!  Ahhh, my favorite.  Here we go ...

Cheddar Chowder


Borrowed from Kari's mom, this recipe is one of our absolute favorites in the wintertime!  It's creamy, yet hearty and can be adjusted depending on what you have in the kitchen (I know Ver used bacon instead of ham) and could feasibly be turned into a vegetarian dish as well!

Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew


This is definitely one of those sinus clearing soups :) - perfect after a morning of shoveling (perhaps I should have made it yesterday?).

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what everyone links up with today - now that we have a bigger freezer and are living in colder climates, I plan on making a lot of soups, stews and chilis to get us through the winter!

Have a great day everyone!  See you this evening with Wear a Dress Tuesday pictures (psst. it's the LAST WADT of the year!).

3 comments:

  1. Awesome soups! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion- squirrel (or rabbit) stew with potatoes, onions, and carrots. I'll teach you to make this one personally next time you're in PA or I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had cheddar chowder for dinner. I had two bowls. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails