Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm a Dork With a Camera

Oh myyyyyy.  This blog post has been finished for about 30 minutes, but I was too busy jumping up and down, texting my father, throwing various electronics across the room and screaming at the TV during the UCONN/Baylor Women's Basketball game to hit publish.  UCONN WINS!  The undefeated streak continues to 80 games!  Three weeks until we're back in Husky country, BABY!

Okay, time to get off of the arm of my couch and take a deep breath.

Breathe in ...

and out ...

Back to today's post.

I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest dork alive.

crickets ...

crickets ...

crickets ...

Well, geeze.  Don't all jump in at once and tell me that I'm not a dork.

Let me just set the stage.  I came home from work.  I wanted to take a Wear a Dress Tuesday picture.  There were boxes everywhere inside.  There were waders hanging from a bike on my balcony outside.  I was losing light.

So I took a chance.  I grabbed my camera and my tripod.  And I went down to the pathway to our apartment.  At 5:30 p.m.

And I proceeded to spend 20 minutes running back and forth between my camera and my posing spot.  Did I mention it was 5:30 p.m. and everyone and their brother in my apartment complex was coming home from work?  Every time I heard a car pull up or an apartment door open I would run away from posing (even if the timer was already set), rip my camera off its tripod and pretend to be changing a setting or taking a picture of something on the ground as my neighbor walked by.

The only problem is that the only thing on the ground was dirt.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't fooling anybody.


But I got the picture!


I'm wearing an H&M Sweater Dress, Target Leggings, gold earrings and a gold bracelet and cheap-o flats from Target.

I had lots of WADT love show up in my inbox today!


Alyssa was totally rocking Wear a Dress Monday this week.  I love this color on her!


Kari was back after a three-month scrub-related WADT hiatus.  Hooray!

I'm off to snack on leftover fried chicken, watch NCIS and try to get my heart rate back to normal after that game.  I hope you all had a wonderful Wear a Dress Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. I totally do the camera thing! I'll be trying to take a photo with my macro lens, like all up in the flowers, and then the mailman drives by and I'm jumping back pretending like I'm doing nothing. My neighbors must think I'm crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in WADT for the first time yesterday and LOVED it! What a difference it made to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You crack me up Sarah! I can just see you posing and hiding from your neighbors! You look adorable though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater dress! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails