Friday, August 6, 2010

Last On Call

I am currently sitting in the chaplain's lounge at the hospital on my last on call of the summer.  I still have two clinical days next week (and a whooooole lot of writing and two days in group), but this is the last night that I will have to walk the halls of Grady as the only chaplain, responsible for covering 16 floors and 1,000 beds.

I had a lull and was catching up on some blog reading.  I was reading Sarah's blog, Yoga For Breakfast, and she said something that really resonated with me:

What I need to do more of is listen. Make the best choices I know how to in any given moment. Love without expectation. Let go. And keep those arms open.
- Sarah Koller

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Thanks for the wisdom, Sarah!

2 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo for the last on-call!!! Praying that it's quiet and slow for you! Messaged you back and am looking forward to catching up with you soon! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your very last on call. Hope you had a great day today! So proud of you and thanks for sharing the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails