Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wear a Dress Tuesday and the Day I Anointed My Arm

It's WADT!  Today I wore one of my 'finds' from this weekend's shopping extravaganza.


This dress was originally priced at $60 and I paid $15.  Fantastic.

I'm still going through some of my pictures from the weekend.  I really can't believe that I waited so long to go to the Atlanta Botanical Garden.  I cannot imagine how beautiful it must be during the spring and I cannot wait to check it out in the fall!


A dragonfly!  He/She stayed absolutely still for a good 45 seconds while I took pictures.  So cooperative!


One of the friends I was with explained to me that bugs are drawn to the little knob on the top of these plants.  When they land, the plant itself is really slippery, so they slide down and then the plants eat them!  It's kind of neat and kind of horrifying all at the same time.


I love this picture.  It's simple and fresh.  Straight out of camera.  Beautiful.

***

So today I was called up to my floor to do an anointing with a patient and his fiance.  An anointing is really just a blessing or a healing ritual.  We have oil that we use and then each chaplain can do what they feel comfortable based on their own tradition and the specific situation they are being called to.

Today I spent a lot of time talking to the patient before I actually did anything.  We read a psalm together and then talked about it.  When we finished our conversation, I picked up the bottle with the oil in it and took out the cork out.  I put my thumb over the top, turned the bottle over to dip my thumb in the oil and proceeded to pour oil all the way down my arm.

Apparently my thumb is smaller than the top of the bottle.

I am an awesome chaplain, I really am.

2 comments:

  1. Killer deal on the dress! Maybe one day I can join in when I've lost enough weight to look decent in a dress!

    LOL about the oil. Always love hearing your chaplaincy stories! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic in that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails