Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Babies, Babies and More Babies on Wear a Dress Tuesday

In an 18 hour span, the following people posted birth announcements and pictures ...
Jenna at That Wife
Katie at Bower Power
Their babies are beautiful.  All of them.  Beautiful.

THEN a classmate of mine had his 1 1/2 year-old and he proceeded to toddle around our commons area while we were eating lunch, dance and look at whoever had a camera, smile and say "cheeeeeeeeeese" before breaking out into hysterical giggles at himself.  He was precious.  Sincerely and truly precious.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Does anyone else hear that?  That is my biological clock ticking.

Seriously, people need to stop showing me pictures of sleeping babies or bringing them around when they are well-rested and happy and adorable.  Someone show me the dark side of parenting because right now all I hear is TICK TOCK TICK TOCK.

Moving right along ... 

(I'm only half serious about the baby thing.  If it is right for us, I would love to be a mom one day, but right now we are not in the position - financially or in terms of where I am in school and starting a job search - to grow our family.  Sorry, Mom.  For right now you will have to love on your grandchild of the gray-tabby cat variety.)

***

I wasn't really sure what to wear for Wear a Dress Tuesday this week.  Ever since Sarah and I encouraged other people to join in, I haven't wanted to re-wear dresses.  And since I do not have an endless supply of dresses, the well was starting to go dry.  I was originally thinking about accessorizing differently a dress I had already worn, but then a dress caught my eye ... a dress that I haven't worn in nearly ten months ... 


The white sundress I wore to church and brunch the day after our wedding!!  I haven't worn it since then.

(I know you're not supposed to wear white until Memorial Day, but I think that rule shouldn't apply in Atlanta because it is in the 80s and I've already gotten my first sunburn of the year.)


It was so beautiful out today!!  I worse a little sweater over the dress because I wasn't sure the halter top was completely appropriate, but I really didn't need it.  I was plenty warm without the sweater outside!!

Let's see ... who participated today ... 
Me
Stacey
Sara (Who had a very special WADT - she was at her wedding dress fitting!!)
Mary
Kate (Who is in Germany on business, so WADT has officially gone global)

Anybody else? Let me know and I'll link you up!!

Oh - I just realized that I forgot to post this last week.  Alyssa sent me a facebook message to let me know that she had joined up as well.  I met Alyssa through the same program that I met Bruce at Lancaster Theological Seminary and she is a sophomore at Millersville up in Pennsylvania.  I love that she brought WADT onto a college campus!!

***

I realized when I got to class and started taking notes that it was appropriate for me to wear the same little white dress that I wore the day after my wedding today because it has been exactly ten months since our wedding!!  Can you believe it?  I can't.  It seems like just yesterday that I was stressing hard and praying harder over all of the details.


Totally worth all the stress.

I hope y'all had a wonderful Tuesday.  Congratulations to all of the new moms out there - you all are beautiful!!

2 comments:

  1. You were such a beautiful bride!! And super tan, too! I wore a skirt today, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last pic!! You look beautiful.

    I definitely hear the tick tock! LOL. I have been having baby fever for a few months now. Poor husband, we were on the same page & then all of a sudden! HAHA. We are still waiting though maybe we'll THINK about it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails