Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good News Bad News

The good news is that I am LESS THAN A MONTH away from graduation.
The bad news is that I have a pile of work that needs to be done before then.

The good news is that my Crisis Ministry professor adjusted our final project so that instead of writing a final paper we are teaching to the class the chapters of the book that the paper was on.  One 30-minute presentation as opposed to a final paper?  Yes, please.
The bad news is that my Chaplaincy in a Multi-Religious context refuses to budge the on the page count for our final paper.  I'm really just trying to help her out - does she really want to read 35 10-page papers?  I would be happy to bring it down to 5 or 6 pages.  Really.  I am just trying to be helpful.

The good news is that the nice people at Canon called yesterday and told Bruce that there was no other internal damage to my camera other than the water spot on the LCD screen.  They are going to replace the screen and I should have it back in 2-3 weeks (much better than the original 6-8 week time limit I was given).
The bad news is that the amount of money it will cost to replace the screen will prohibit me from buying anything other than bread and water for the next three months.  Okay, that's an exaggeration.  But the joy I was feeling over my tax return was deflated when I realized I wouldn't be buying a KitchenAid mixer, I would be fixing my camera.  Eh, I'll just beat things by hand when I'm baking - it'll be my way of toning my arms without actually picking up any free weights.

The good news is that Bruce and I planted tomato plants on our balcony last week.
The bad news is that apparently a watched tomato plant doesn't grow.  I'm getting impatient.

The good news is that it is Wear a Dress Tuesday.
The bad news is that ... wait ...

THERE IS NO BAD NEWS ON WEAR A DRESS TUESDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails