Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CHANGE!!

Barack Obama was sworn in today as the 44th President of the United States of America.

History was made today - and it goes beyond just electing our first black president.  People are excited about politics, people are READY for Barack Obama.  Older generations are seeing something they never thought they would see.  Formerly apathetic youth and young adults are advocating, are educating themselves and are speaking out.  We're broken and ready to be put back together.  We're broken and ready to do whatever we can to help put us back together.  We're broken but know that we are strong.

It almost doesn't feel real.  But tomorrow - I will wake up and it will be real.

I have a sense of hope.  My depleted spirit is slowly filling back up.  It's not going to be easy - but we're a strong nation and we're ready to take on the challenge.

Perhaps I will have something more cohesive to say tomorrow.  For right now I'll leave you with the words of a brilliant man:

"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America."
-President Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails