Friday, September 23, 2011

Something's Fishy

Bruce left at the house at o'dark'hundred this morning to go fishing and it wasn't long before I received the following picture via text:


He caught his first striped bass!  This was actually the last one he caught on today's trip, not the first - but he caught it on his fly rod and was literally jumping up and down with excitement when he got home.

I'm not sure that I will ever get to the point of jumping up and down about a fish, but - let's face it - five years ago if you had told me that I would one day be posting a picture of a striped bass and talking about fly rods on my blog, I would have thought you were nuts.

My how things change.

Love you Bruce. :)


Meanwhile, I was making myself a two-egg sandwich.  This was more brunch than breakfast, because I was cleaning my car when I got up and didn't get around to eating until after 10:00.


Mmm, hit the spot - I used some of our Sargento Cheese!


I'm sort of working today.  Obviously I wasn't this morning, but I am in the process of switching my days off from Friday to Monday.  I did work part of the day on Monday so I gave myself the morning and then headed over to the hospital and now I'm at the office.  I'm heading out to visit some church members as soon as I hit publish and then think I'll work on my sermon from an undisclosed location tonight while Bruce is working.

(Spoiler Alert: There is a good chance it will be Starbucks.)

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails