Friday, September 30, 2011

Pasta Night

Bruce did not want to cook tonight.  I did not want to go out for dinner tonight.  Therefore, I had to cook dinner tonight.


I still think I won in this compromise.  I had to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things and was able to pick up mousse while I was there.  Curly hair can now commence.


I cooked down some sliced onions and mushrooms on low heat in some butter.  I wasn't looking to caramelize anything (Bruce isn't a huge fan), I just wanted to soften them up and give them some flavor.  I seasoned with salt and pepper while they cooked, then added pasta sauce and seasoned that with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and parsley.


Voila!


Oh - and garlic bread!  I bought a loaf of fresh Italian Bread ($0.99 on Fridays), sliced it on a diagonal, smothered the pieces with butter and garlic and cooked them at 350 degrees.


Bruce and I are heading out!

2 comments:

  1. theamazingintheordinarySeptember 30, 2011 at 7:53 PM

    That is by far my favorite pasta shape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny - I bought it because I really liked the shape and Bruce HATED it! He said it was too weird to eat. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails