Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Southern Cooking

Have I mentioned how much I love having Bruce home again?  Well - I love having Bruce home again.  I was getting so lonely last week without him around!  The funny thing is - we are currently both sitting at our own desks blogging and only talking when we are trying to figure out how to spell a word or put together a sentence eloquently.  But it's just nice to have him back.


It's also fun to have someone else to man the grill!  Bruce made burgers and beans (with brown sugar and bourbon!) with a pickle on the side for dinner.


Oh yummmmmmm.

So speaking of delicious food ... While we were perusing the book sale this weekend, I happened to come across this in the cookbook section:


Christy Jordan runs the website Southern Plate - I am not sure HOW I have never heard of her before!


(What an epic mission statement.)


I've only had the chance to flip through the book, but so far I love it because her recipes are simple and do not use a ton of ingredients - my favorite!  I'm going to let Bruce page through and see what he thinks we should try first.  So stay tuned! 

Oh - and subscribe to Southern Plate!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails