Saturday, July 23, 2011

Breaking Bread (And Learning A Lot!)

Good morning! We "broke bread" with some church members again last night.  It was a ton of fun!  In between our appetizers and entrees, we took a walk around their property - gardens galore!


Gorgeous!  I learned a ton about gardening (flowers and vegetables!) and how seeds and plants work from year to year.  I'm not sure I have the patience for it?  But they look so great!

Now, this is cool.  On the menu last night:  CHINESE FOOD!


Yes - homemade Chinese Food.  Isn't that amazing?


Of course I asked a million questions about how you even attempt to make your own Chinese Food.

Appetizers:


+ Dinner.  Amazing.


And for dessert ... 


This cake wasn't baked, it was STEAMED!  I have never heard of that before.  It was so delicious and moist.

I have got a to-do list today that is seventeen miles long so I'm going to cut this short.  Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. That Chinese food looks good! I like Chinese a lot. :D
    The cake looks good too!
    We made our own... spring rolls, maybe? I forget! in Chinese class my senior year of high school. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails