Friday, April 22, 2011

Here I Am, Lord

I am trying to decide if I want to put a table in the corner of my office with a desk lamp or no table with a standing lamp ...


I rolled a little working table to the corner today for the time being to see how I like it.  I think I do!


Jesse was in taking final measurements for my bookshelves today!  They will go on the far right wall (out of this frame).  Once those are in I have a couple of things I want to do to bring a little bit more cohesion to the room.  They probably won't happen until the summer - but it's fun to think about in the meantime. :) Bruce thinks I'm nuts - but I think having a warm and welcoming atmosphere is part of being an effective leader.


I spent most of the day at church today because we had the sanctuary open for worship.  It was actually a lot of fun.  I got some work done, but also had some visitors and spent a lot of time chatting.  And Bruce brought me lunch!  He brought lunch meat and veggies and we made delicious subs.  The food was good ... the company was better. :)


We decided that a long week called for a Friday night pizza takeout.  We ordered from Rehoboth House of Pizza.  We started with mozzarella sticks ... 


... and I actually ordered a big salad with grilled chicken.  I think my body knows that spring is coming - all it wants is veggies!

So I was cleaning off my desk today and found my ordination bulletin.  I started to page through it and looked at my hymn choices.  Right before the laying on of hands, we sang, "Here I Am Lord".  I remember closing my eyes and feeling so strong as I sang these words:

Here I am, Lord.
Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go Lord.
If you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

That hymn was perfect for that moment in the ordination - right before the ordination itself, but how powerful are those words as we head into Easter?

I found a couple of different versions on YouTube - here is one of my favorites!



Wishing you peace for your journey ...
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. be careful of having tables in your office/study; they tend to end up being covered up in stuff... have a great weekend and praying that your first Easter at Rehoboth is truly wonderful... Philippians 1:3-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but that looks like a place for counselling so a place to sit a drink or to hold kleenex. I vote for the table!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails