Saturday, April 23, 2011

Almost.

Still waiting for the resurrection ...

So close.


Our sunrise service tomorrow is at a clubhouse on the water.  It is tradition at Rehoboth Congregational Church that everyone brings flowers from their garden to adorn the cross with.  The cross is right on the shore during the service - and then it is brought back to the church for the 10:00 service.  We don't have a ton of flowers at the house yet, so Bruce picked some up when he was out today!


They are so beautiful!  I want to keep some at home but I know they will look beautiful on the cross.


Even though it was rainy and gross today Bruce made burgers for dinner (he's didn't grill outside, though - he used a cast iron skillet on the stove).


I totally loaded mine up!  Food is really about the toppings you put on it, right?  Hamburger with cheddar cheese, red onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard on a whole wheat bun.


You almost can't see the meat!

I am getting ready to crawl into bed and set my alarm for 4 a.m.  Our sunrise service is at 6 and we will be back at the church for service at 10.

If you are looking for a message tomorrow but unable to get to church, I will post my sermon in the morning.  But I encourage you to find a church in your area!  Even if you are in the "I'm not sure what I believe" stage of your faith, there is something about being around a spirit of community on Easter morning that is so nurturing.  If you are interested in checking out the United Church of Christ (the denomination that I hold standing in) click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails