Monday, March 7, 2011

Thin Mint Surprise

Good morning!

First of all - thank you thank you thank you for all of the comments, tweets, facebook posts, emails, calls, texts and blimp messages of congratulations last night!  Bruce and I are absolutely thrilled right now - we both just kept looking at each other and smiling last night.

I'm working on a Q&A post about my ordination process, the search and call process, my ordination (April 10th!) and how I ended up in Rehoboth this weekend right now.  So if you have any questions, feel free to shout them out in the comments section!  I promise I will be back tonight with all of the details.

In the meantime ... 


Bruce snapped this picture of me in my office at the church yesterday.  It was after the service and the vote, so I look exhausted, but I don't care!  It's more than I ever would have asked for (the other side of the office has a couch, two chairs and soon-to-be built in shelves - I'll post pictures later!).


Doesn't this just make you want to smile all day long?  The 3rd and 4th grade Sunday School class made it for me.

We didn't get home until a little after 9 last night, but my parents came flying into my driveway to congratulate me at 9:15!  My mom brought me a back with a bunch of stuff and in it ... 


... including my Girl Scout Cookies!  So naturally ...


I had to use them in my breakfast this morning.


Well, yum.


In My Mix:
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
Sprinkle White Sugar

Toppings:
THIN MINTS!


Please try this.  Soon.  It will be good for your health.

Okay, the rest of this blog post has to be in list form so I don't forget anything ...
1. My "Girlfriends & Jealousy" series continues on Girl Talk this morning!  Check it out here.  (Check out Part 1 and Part 2 to catch up.)
2. Have you seen this video that Caitlin and Peter Hollens put together about Operation Beautiful?



I adore the Operation Beautiful movement and think this video says so much about embracing your inner beauty and having confidence in who you are.  Not to get too theological on you, but I think about Genesis and the fact that it says, "God created and saw that it was good."  That includes you!  You are beautiful just the way you were created. :) So check out the video and pass it around!
3. The flooding in my basement that I talked about last night was apparently just the beginning.  The entire state of Connecticut is under water right now!  Schools are closed and roads aren't passable.  It's crazy!  I'm going to try to get some pictures later.

Again - thank you thank you thank you!  You all have kept me sane on this journey.

xoxo
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, the thin mints in the oatmeal? How wonderful! That was such a sweet gesture from your class too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much happiness in this post! Between the fabulous news, adorable poster, think mints, and that video you've got me smiling at my desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sarah! You look fabulous in your new office. Many congratulations- I'd say that looks like a perfect celebratory breakfast:-).

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails