Friday, March 11, 2011

Praying For Japan

Sad news out of Japan this morning.

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.  So instead I'll pray - and invite you to do the same.

I am still trying to regain my equilibrium after a busy couple of weeks so today I am really going to focus on eating healthy, drinking lots of water and sneaking in a walk or yoga session.  I need it!

PB&J Oatmeal

I'm stopping at one cup of coffee today.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a wiling spirit.
Psalm 51:10-12


  1. I have been reading your blog for a long time and know that you are very strong in your faith...I have a prayer request.
    PLEASE Keep Mary Courington in your prayers. She is a dear friend of mine and she also watched Sydney for the first two years of her life.

    Mary Courington is a 43 year old wife and mother of two children, ages 19 and 21. Several years ago Mary began to have problems with severe itching. The itching went from severe to beyond severe. As doctors searched for a reason, it was discovered that she had a condition known as Primary Biliary Cirrhosis of the Liver. In 2008, Mary received a new liver….one year to the date since she was placed on the transplant list. The operation was successful. Starting in the fall of 2010, Mary entered a period of rejection, which is something that many transplant patients experience. Rejection can usually be managed with medication, but not this time. Mary has received all of her care at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. On last Wednesday her family was told that she would not be placed back on the transplant list at UAB and that there goal was to keep her comfortable.

    Billy, Mary’s husband, did not have a kind reaction to this diagnosis. On Thursday Mary’s transplant doctor approached the family with the news that he had spoken with a colleague in New Orleans who was willing to take Mary as a patient and evaluate her for a possible transplant. On Friday Mary was transported to Ochsner Medical in New Orleans. Since arriving she has received excellent care, but a decision concerning transplantation has not yet been made. Mary’s kidneys have factored into the equation, and the liver transplant, if it is approved and a liver is found, may also come with a kidney transplant. Mary is against a time clock…we were told days to weeks when we left Birmingham, and that was a week ago.

    Time is NOT on her side....PLEASE join us in praying for Mary. We have created a blog where you can follow her progress...

  2. I will be praying for Mary! Thanks for the blog link.


Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails