Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blueberry Sauce

Need a cure for a snowy day?


This is it.

Yes, I said snow.


I don't want to talk about it.  I want to talk about Blueberry Sauce.

Blueberry Sauce
same recipe as this one, adapted for blueberries!

2 cups Blueberries
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Orange Juice
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 cup Cold Water


Just like with the raspberry sauce, put the 2 cups of blueberries into a skillet, sprinkle the sugar on top and add the orange juice.


Whisk together the cornstarch and water and pour it into the skillet.


Turn the burner on high and stir constantly.


You'll think you're fighting a losing battle and then all of a sudden a sauce will magically form.  It's a blueberry miracle. :)


Once the sauce is a good saucy consistency throw it into a blender to break up the last bit of berries.


Then strain into a measuring cup or jar and serve!


I served mine over my last Buckwheat Waffle.


It tasted like blueberry waffles, but better - the flavors were subtle and the texture was perfect.


Delicious!

Okay, maybe the snow is Mother Nature's way of telling me to pack.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. oooh, looks delicious! Sorry about the snowy weather...hopefully it's the last of it for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blueberry sauce is just gorgeous! It looks like it would be so tasty on so many things, especially ice cream. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your sauce up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails