Friday, February 18, 2011

3 Miles Of Sunshine

I needed this.


A beautiful run on the Cobble.  The sun was shining, the temperature was in the high 50s and there was a slight breeze!


I definitely have lost a little bit of my running mojo, but it felt great to do a short run like this.  I gave myself a 0.10 mile walking break at the one and two mile markers.


Where I parked to the end of the road is about 1.5 miles.  I ran to the end, stopped and did a few standing forward bends to stretch my back and legs and ran back.  It was a good way to ease myself back into things after not running since January 1st.


I hope the weather stays like this!  I don't mind the cold, but the snow and ice had taken over the roads and made it impossible to run safely.  Things have melted and there are roads to run on again!

I ran 3.0 miles in 29.42, averaging a 9:53 pace.  It felt great!  Here were my individual break downs:
Mile 1 - 10:07
Mile 2 - 9:53
Mile 3 - 9:39


I came home and made myself a PB&J and a glass of gatorade.  We buy powdered gatorade by the canister so we can mix as strong or as weak as we want.  It's cheaper that way too!



I think everyone in the northeast needed the little hint of spring that we are experiencing right now.  I know it won't stay like this forever, but I fully intend to enjoy it while it lasts!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, seeing lots of signs of spring here in NY!

    That bagel looks absolutely delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, such a gorgeous run!!! How lucky of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, it has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL these past two days. Don't you wish we could bottle this weather and keep it forever?

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails