Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekly Blackouts

Morning friends!

Last night was ... weird.

I was on a the phone for about an hour, got off around 9 and was milling around the house.  I was on the phone with my mom when all of a sudden the light in my office faded off.  I checked my computer - running on battery power.  I walked out of the office - "Sarah, I think we lost power!" I heard Bruce say from the basement.  My mom, still on the other end, just started laughing.  NOT FUNNY MOM!

I can honestly say that I can count on one hand the number of times we lost power for an extended period of time in the 13 years that we lived here (one of them being the Northeast Blackout of 2003, which doesn't really count).  And it's gone out twice in the last week?!?!  Bruce is starting to think the house doesn't like him ...

We didn't bother to wait up for this one.  We stumbled into bed, turned the airport off on my computer, popped in an NCIS DVD (I know I'm breaking my resolution, but blackouts trump resolution) and went to bed.  I'm not sure when it came back on.


Breakfast was a bowl of Brown Sugar & Walnut Oatmeal.


Only this morning I decided to garnish with some of the homemade granola I made the other day.  Because I'm a rebel like that.


Okay maybe "rebel" isn't the right word.  Maybe it's more like, "girl who made yummy granola and wants to eat it".

We were having a nice little heat wave (you know - all of 40 degrees) that appears to have floated out to sea.  It is 27 degrees!  I had to snap fast this morning.

***

Today is the first Wear a Dress Tuesday of 2011!  Who's in today?!

Have a great day everyone.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails