Sunday, January 30, 2011

Icicle PSA

I was outside taking pics of my breakfast this morning when I heard a crash that caused me to jump three feet!


See all of those icicles on the back of my house?  There was one that had formed that was about NINE INCHES (!) wide and all three stories tall.  It all came crashing down in about four seconds.


Now it's in a big pile on the bottom deck.  Can you imagine what would have happened if someone had been standing there?  Icicles are pretty, but when they start to melt, it's dangerous!  I may try to knock some of the bigger ones down today before they fall.

PSA over. :)


Brown Sugar & Walnut Oatmeal, OJ on ice and Earl Grey Tea with Honey for breakfast.


I can't believe it took me until last year to make (non-instant) oatmeal on the stove and mix and top with my own fixins.  It's so much better than the packets!


Still trying to knock this cold out.  It's overstayed it's welcome, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm pondering some yoga later - I'm thinking it may loosen everything up?  We'll see ...

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Those things can kill! Dang, thank goodness nobody was standing there like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are dealing with the ice too. But that breakfast is so good,

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails