Monday, January 31, 2011

Afternoon Soup

Afternoon everyone!


I heated up last night's dinner leftovers for lunch this afternoon.  Why is it that soup always seems to lose its soup-y-ness when it is stored?  It was like all of the moisture evaporated!  I ended up adding about 1/3 cup of water to give it some more liquid.  I stirred in some rice at the end because my leftover serving looked a little low on the rigatoni!


Colorful bowl on the outside.


Lots of great flavors and textures on the inside.



It was a late lunch, so I'm guessing it is going to be a late dinner, too.

See you later!  Bruce and I recorded one of those accent vlogs this afternoon and I'm uploading it to vimeo as we speak!  I can't wait for you all to see it.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. The rigatoni absorbs a lot of soupiness even after it's fully cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with the above comment. If there is pasta in your soup it will continue to absorb moisture. I make a delicious tortellini soup and when I have leftovers I always have to add more water/chicken broth or the next day it's more just a pasta than a soup.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails