Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A DIY Project Gone Wrong

Guess what?! The Hungarians (aka my mom's family) are in town!


And someone has discovered a love of my dSLR ... :)

But let's back up, shall we?  I've had quite a day.


Lunch was a big delicious veggie rice bowl.  Have you guys ever tried something like this?  Simple, quick and delicious.


With lots of leftovers - my favorite.

After lunch, we went up to my parents so Bruce could help my dad retrieve this -


Apparently their swing (their really heavy and bulky swing) went flying during the last storm.  I'm still trying to figure out how that happened.


The poor pool has seen warmer days.


Doesn't their house look so cute in the snow?

After that, things got a little ... dark.  Literally.

This sums it up:


What started off as an innocent attempt to DIY dye an IKEA chair cover that was stained turned into two hours of me scrubbing my deep, dark purplish-black hands with Bruce looking at me, repeatedly saying, "I'm so sorry."  It's a long story.  But I'm happy to report that my hands are ... well ... not AS purplish black as they were before.  I think it's a work in progress.

I'll spare you the photo.  It wasn't pretty.


We made our way back up to my parent's house for dinner to see my family!


I started with a glass of red wine because, let's face it, I died my hands black today.


My dad made a big batch of fried chicken and all sorts of delicious sides!



I am sooooo stuffed.


It has been such a wonderful night - full of food, family, football, stories, laughter, tears (and photobooth).  I couldn't ask for anything more.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Oh heavens!!! The dye hands sounds scary!! LOL. The food looks DELISH! LOVE the snow pics!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails