Thursday, December 2, 2010

And So It Begins ...

This is going to be quick - look what Bruce brought home!


My car was just on the trailer because it's the one Bruce had when he picked up the truck.  His truck will be on it when he has his dad drive north.


That's the face of a guy whose ready to move!

My sweet friend and coworker Miranda made me fried rice and brought it into work today because I told her I was on a lifelong quest to figure out how to make it myself!


It was as delicious as it looks.


Miranda, you rock.


She made a huge batch - I hope there's still some left for lunch tomorrow!

After lunch we had a reception for someone in our department who is leaving.  The food spread was incredible!  Atlanta folks - it's Carol Parks Catering.  They are AWESOME!  Here are some of the highlights ...


Mini Cheesecakes, Tarts, Brownies and Blondies.  I had about five.

Of each.


Meat and Onions that were still sizzling.  I actually passed on this because I like my red meat done reeeeally well and this was a little pink for me.


Cheesecake!  I saw Giada make something like this the other day.  It's a cheese cake for a cheese platter with fetas and goat cheeses with lots of spices and herbs in it.



Tortellini Ka-Bobs all stuck in a giant Honey Dew Melon - how ridiculously cool is that?


Chicken Skewers.  There were also these ridiculously amazing grilled vegetables that tasted like a charcoal grill and made it seem like we were at the beach.  I'm not sure how that happened, but they were amaaaaaaazing.


A fast and easy dinner, courtesy of Papa John's, to fuel our packing spirits.


I swear, I'll quit this stuff after the move.

Alright, Bruce has big ambitions for us and the truck tonight.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. That food really does look delicious!
    And really? Pizza and Diet Coke just make sense when moving:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these food looks so good! But especially the tortellini kabobs. I want to make some now!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails