Saturday, November 13, 2010

Savory Scramble

Just popping in to say hi on an extremely productive Saturday!  Bruce left Kari and me for this river this morning and she and I headed out to Home Depot for some spackle.  On the agenda for today - more de-cluttering, taking stuff down off the walls and spackling.

On my way out the door I grabbed a completely healthy and balanced breakfast.


Or not.  Dark Chocolate Espresso Trail Mix and Pretzels did NOT hold me over, ha!  Kari and I were drooling by the time we checked out at Home Depot and stopped at the grocery store on our way home so I could grab some stuff for a savory brunch.  It was delicious!  Enjoy.

Savory Scramble


2 small-medium Potatoes
1/2 Onion
1 lb Ground Sausage
1 Zucchini
2 Tomatoes
4 eggs
Splash of Milk
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper
Vegetable (or Olive) Oil

Here we go!


Start by heating oil on medium (to medium-high) in a skillet.  Wash your potatoes and chop them into cubes.  Throw them into the heated oil and season generously with salt (I used sea salt!) and pepper.


One the potatoes start to soften, dice your onion and throw them into the skillet.  Stir stir stir!


Put in the sausage and break it apart.  Cook until the meat is brown.


Wash and chop the zucchini.  Throw that into the mix.


Tomatoes are the last veggie to go in so they don't mush.


Once everything in your skillet is cooked, clear a hole in the middle, add a little bit more oil and throw in your four eggs (whisked together with some milk).  Let them cook a little bit and then scramble them into the rest of the skillet.


Once it got to this point I turned down the heat and just let everything cook through.


Topped with cheese!


Yummmmmmmmmmm.

Okay, my packing break is over!  Time for more spackling, more de-cluttering and some football in the background to make it all a little bit more bearable!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT looking food!!!! Going to tag this post!!

    Husband is also a 4th year...beginning interviews....it's gonna be NUTS! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails