Monday, October 25, 2010

French Onion Roast

Good morning!  How about a warm and hearty recipe to brighten up this rainy Atlanta morning?

French Onion Roast


1 Beef Small-Medium Beef Roast (mine was just under 2 pounds)
2 cans Condensed French Onion Soup
1 can Water
Celery
Baby Carrots
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
Pepper/Steak Seasoning
Sea Salt


Start with the roast in the crock pot and generously season with your pepper/steak seasoning and salt.


You can keep your baby carrots whole, but slice your celery, dice your onions and add them around the meat.


Then throw some more seasoning on.  Because you probably didn't add enough the first time.  I didn't.


Okay, now comes the part where I was distracted and didn't get a good picture.  Add your two cans of condensed French Onion Soup and one can of water to the crock pot.  Don't worry about stirring it together, it will all cook together.

Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until your meat internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.


I love the crock pot.  Because you can do 15 minutes worth of work, do whatever you want all afternoon and when you come back to the kitchen 6 hours later, dinner is ready!  I can't tell you how good this smelled.


I served my roast over egg noodles, but you could certainly mix that up.


Yum-me.  So hearty.  So delicious.

Did anyone else break out their crock pot this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I've had my crock pot for about 3 yrs and haven't used it yet! I'm one of those "instant gratifying" people who can't wait hrs for a meal, but one of those cold days I'm totally using it!
    Your food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love French Onion soup and I love roast, so I'm pretty sure I need to try this out in my crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! Off to the store I go! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails