Monday, October 18, 2010

Comfort Food

Wow.  Yesterday was ... quite the day.  After I announced that we were moving I headed out for a long run (goal - 9 miles) and had quite possibly the worst run of my life.  I'll post a recap later, but I ended up completely overheated just two miles in and called Bruce in a panic.  Luckily, I have the most amazing husband in the world.  He was in his truck and by my side within minutes and brought me home and took care of me all night.

If that run taught me anything, it was that I need to take care of myself.  I had no business trying to run any miles on 4 hours of sleep, copious amounts of coffee and lack of good fuel and hydration and such an emotional day.  I woke up this morning and my head was very heavy and loopy.  The constant temperature changes are not helping my already tired and stressed out body.

So I took a physical/mental/emotional health day.  I am currently laying on the couch with a cup of tea and reruns of NCIS.  I am allowing myself to feel the emotions that I buried yesterday while I was trying to hold myself together behind the pulpit.  I'm reminding myself to breathe.


And I'm eating comfort food.


What is it about chicken noodle soup?  Does the trick every time.


My favorite juice combo.  2/3 cranberry juice over lots of ice, 1/3 OJ on the top.  Come on, vitamin C - let's get these sinuses in check, please!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the wonderful comments and messages yesterday.  I just kept crying every time I got a new e-mail notification.  Poor Bruce couldn't console me!  I promise I will answer all sorts of questions over the next couple of days, but for right now I am listening to my body and laying low.

Love you all,
Sarah

How do you take care of yourself when your body is screaming at you to stop?  Do you have any favorite food or drink concoctions?

3 comments:

  1. i think i might have to try your juice concoction. i love OJ & i like cranberry juice...i should like it, right?

    I'm so sorry about your run!! Yikes!! Thank God for great hubbies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're ok! Taking it easy for a while, getting a nice massage, and watching some fav TV shows does the trick for me almost every time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot tea and curling up with a good book in bed always works for me. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails