Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Half Marathon Training - 9/21/10

Good morning!

If you noticed that there were four days between yesterday and my last half marathon training run ... well ... I'm not sure what happened.  Actually, that's a lie.  I do.  Fridays are my recovery days, Saturday and Sunday I was in North Carolina and couldn't find a way to squeeze in my workouts and keep my sanity and Monday I was fighting a migraine and it was 95 degrees out - bad combination.

So that brings us to yesterday.  I'm embarrassed to say that I decided to grab a quick run because I wanted to get back in time for NCIS!  I decided to cover the same loop that I covered last Thursday (about 2.25 miles).  Last week my time was was 25:25 - yesterday I tried to push myself and came in at 22:46!


I've got 5-6 miles scheduled for this afternoon/evening.  We're experiencing something of a final summer heat wave in Atlanta, so I'm hoping it cools down in time for my run to be bearable.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Sarah! Keep up the good work, BUT don't over do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your training!! I love the feeling of pushing a little hard to come in a little earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the training! No shame in not being able to squeeze in a run while you were out of town. :P As long as you get right back into it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails