Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stone Mountain: Take 2

So after yesterday's soggy trip to Stone Mountain, Bruce and I decided to try again.  I wanted to get in a longer run and Bruce is always up for a trip to a place with water, so after church we ate a late lunch, packed up the car and headed out.


When we went to Stone Mountain yesterday we decided to buy an annual pass.  It's good for a year and pays for itself after four visits, so we decided it was definitely worth it.  We can hike, picnic, run, walk, bike, fish and take advantage of all the seasonal things Stone Mountain has to offer!

As soon as we parked I pretty much headed out running on the trail.  I wasn't sure how long the trek around the mountain was, but I was thinking somewhere between four and six miles.  I figured I would see how I felt and walk what I needed at the end.  In the end, I ran all but 1/4 mile around the mountain and my sensor told me I had gone 5.39 miles in 56:09!  I took the walking break around mile three and my average pace was 10:24.


And I was smiling at the end of it!  I am seriously starting to feel like I did in college and I couldn't be happier.


After some gatorade and stretching, I got in the car to find Bruce.  Anyone want to wager a guess as to what he was doing?


"Somewhere with a fly rod in his hand" is always a pretty safe bet with my husband. :)


Now that's a man on a mission.

Since I've been able to get in a couple of good runs, it was time to make a decision.  The Thanksgiving 1/2 Marathon:  To run or not to run?


To run!

My friend Chris and I (and possibly his sister) are going to run it together.  I cannot wait!  This is going to be my first 1/2, so any and all advice is appreciated.  I have a feeling I am going to making good use of our Stone Mountain annual pass and the 5 1/2 mile loop around the rock!

I'm off to fold laundry and read in bed - living the dream!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day out there... BTW, does Bruce have a fishing license?... Stone Mountain used to require one... Have a great week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this was a better day than Saturday :-) It's so awesome that you enjoy to run and that you'll do the 1/2 marathon! I think you'll feel so accomplished when you're done :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails