Monday, August 2, 2010

Empty Swing

I took this photo on Saturday night while Bruce was fishing.


There is something about an empty swing that just seems like an invitation to sit and give it all to God.

Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
-Matthew 11:28-30

Today I bring to the empty swing my last two weeks of CPE, my pending ordination interview, my unfinished ministerial profile, the fact that my student health insurance ends on August 15th and I need to find a new plan, my financial situation going into my job search, the "so what's next?" question that I am asked weekly and cannot answer and all of the unknowns that come with the search and call process.

What do you bring to the empty swing this morning?

3 comments:

  1. Amen! And yay for being almost done! You're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that empty swing! I'm feeling like I've just gone to the swing, but I think I'll have more to hand over there within a few hours!

    Thank you for typing that verse out. Such a great reminder that I think I need CONSTANTLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for being SOOOO close to being done! Almost there, girl!

    And I totally gave you a little shout-out today for the "Countdown to Fall Fashion Week" suggestion you left yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails