Monday, June 7, 2010

What a Difference a Week Makes

This time last week I was anxiously strolling through Target, picking up some supplies for CPE and not knowing what to expect.

It has been a week of extreme emotions for me.  I was anxious, scared, excited, nervous, thankful and a whole mess of other emotions.  There were times when I wanted to quit.  There were times when I did cry (there was a lot of lip biting going on).  There were times when my legs shook so hard I didn't think I could stand.  This is a really difficult CPE placement.  Don't get me wrong, ministry is never easy.  But throw a trauma center and a 1,000 bed hospital into the mix and things get dicy.  It's only been a week and already I feel stretched.

Any yet - here I am a week later, sitting comfortably in my living room, watching Tori & Dean and writing my first verbatim.  I wasn't sure what I was going to write about - I hadn't gone on a call without a resident as of this morning.  Somehow, however, this morning I ended up with the on call pager.  I had three (very different) calls today and I think I'm starting to have more confidence in myself and my abilities.

Although - I was very happy to hand off the pager at 4:30 p.m.

Err, 16:30.

I'll figure out military time eventually.

I'm off to finish start my verbatim!

xo,
Sarah

p.s. Tomorrow is Wear a Dress Tuesday.  Katie just told me on facebook that she and Spencer already have their dresses picked out!  I'm still figuring mine out!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great, girl! Many prayers are headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you! I think you made me appreciate what you guys do a whole lot more! I'm in the hospital a LOT and didn't really think that your job is this stressful, but I guess it can be! Good job for passing your very first week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails