Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well ...

... it's been a rough couple of days.

Stomach flu.  Enough said.

Today was the first day I opened my computer in almost two days (yeah ... I was THAT sick) so I'm a little behind.  I'm starting to regain my strength, but it is taking awhile so I may not have the zest for blogging (and ... well ... life) that I usually do.

In the meantime ... we were supposed to be on the road tonight so we could spend tomorrow night at my parent's house in Connecticut and then head over to West Point on Saturday morning for Gib's graduation.  But Bruce and I decided that now wouldn't be the best time for me to be in the car for 16 hour - so we had to cancel the trip.  I am SO sad right now.  I know there was nothing I could have done, but still.  I was looking forward to sharing in a special time with Gib and his family - with the added bonus of seeing my family.  And now it's not happening.  I actually started crying on the phone today when I told my mom we wouldn't be coming.

I hate it when plans are ruined. :(

Anyway, a big thank you to my wonderful husband who has been the most incredible caretaker to me over these past few days.  Even when I am really sick and gross - I still feel so unbelievably lucky to have someone like him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling better soon! Stomach flus are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh girl that stinks :(

    Im so sorry to hear that :(

    hopefully everyone takes really good pictures to share with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails