Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wear a Dress Tuesday

It's Wear a Dress Tuesday!

Wear a Dress Tuesday

My WADT started off by making breakfast in front of the Today Show.  I poured myself a very large glass of iced tea, put it on one of the ottomans in the living room and walked back into the kitchen to get an english muffin.

Then I heard a knock and a splash.

Iced tea.  A very large glass of it.

All over my couch.

All over my WHITE couch.

Sigh ...

I didn't see it happen, so I'm not sure how the (very large) glass got knocked over - but I looked into my bedroom and Lilly was staring back at me.  Looking very, very guilty.

Needless to say, I spent the day pulling off slipcovers and cushion covers and running bleach through my washing machine.  I can't wait for my water bill.

Although I have to admit it was kind of fun to be a little bit dressed up while I was doing load after load of laundry.  I felt a little less frumpy and little more cute as I did mundane housework.

My mom and her friend Gloria (who is also the secretary at the church) sent me a picture they took at work this morning with a smiley face in the subject line of the e-mail.


Don't they look awesome?!

Gloria is currently one of my favorite people EVER because she e-mailed me the other day and asked me if she could post my southwestern pasta salad recipe in this month's church newsletter.  I felt like such a success in the kitchen when she asked me that.  Someone actually deemed one of my recipes good enough to be passed along!  Ya-hooooooo!

Anyway, I stayed inside for most of the day, so when Bruce got home, I asked him if he would take a picture of me for WADT.  He was so sweet - the whole process took forever because I wanted the lighting to be perfect and then I wanted to go back inside for lipgloss, etc. etc.  But here's what I wore today (I cheated a little and wore a skirt!) ...


I hope you all had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy WADT! I just emailed you a picture of Spencer in her dress today. I think it's so cute that your mom does it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails