Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wear a Dress Tuesday Adorableness

Wear a Dress Tuesday is about feeling special; it is about remembering that you are beautiful and it is about connecting to your favorite girlfriends, even if they are living in a different part of the country.

When I was in Connecticut in March, I was talking to my friend Amanda.  Amanda is a stay at home mom to two beautiful children.  We were talking about Wear a Dress Tuesday and Amanda said that it didn't really make sense for her to take part because she spends the day running around and cleaning up after two kids.  As special and important as it is for her to be a stay at home mom, sometimes it's not the most glamorous job!

I told her that all of the reasons why she thought she couldn't join in were all of the reasons why she should join in!  Stay at home moms - even though they are often covered in drool, spit up and mashed up food - should always feel special.

On Monday, Amanda sent me a message congratulating me on graduation and saying that she would wear a dress on Tuesday in honor of me.  And yesterday, the following pictures popped up on Facebook .... 


Dear Amanda,
You are beautiful.  Drop dead gorgeous even.  I hope that you feel special every day of your life.  Because you should.
Love,
Sarah


p.s. This picture made my uterus skip a beat.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! So glad your friend could join in. She looked amazing and the pic of her and her little girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that second photo is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails