Friday, July 10, 2009

I Just Wish I Could Be Doing More.

Ever have one of those weeks?

We've definitely been having one here.

It's hard for Bruce and me to come back after a weekend with the gang from Leadership Now. We spent the weekend surrounded by people who we know are going to do fabulous things with their lives and for the lives of others and it reminded us of all the dreams and schemes that - once upon a time - we had for ourselves as well.

And then we got back to Atlanta. Where we were not only greeted by a waft of humidity coming off of the plane, but also where hours need to be worked so money can be made so bills can be paid. Making a difference in the world? More like protecting ourselves.

It's extremely frustrating for two people who have such strong desires to make a difference in the world to punch the clock at jobs they're not passionate about.

We love Atlanta. We have amazing friends here. We're grateful for our jobs, particularly during a recession when we know that there are people praying for work.

But we just think that there is MORE we can be doing.

Yes - I'm studying theology at a phenomenal academic institution. The education that I'm getting now will help me down the line. Yes - punching a clock and doing administrative work will help me apply the theology in the church.

I just wish I could be doing more.

I know this is not enthusiastic or positive. And that bothers me because I do always try to look on the bright side of things. But this is where I'm at right now. So I'm going to finish up at work and head home. And in the meantime, I promise I will post something more uplifting later on today. If anything to make me feel better.

With love,
Sarah :)

1 comment:

  1. I got this from the side of your blog...you WILL make a difference and so will Bruce...you're just getting started :-)


    Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
    Everything Has Its Time


    For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
    a time to be born, and a time to die;
    a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
    a time to kill, and a time to heal;
    a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
    a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
    a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing
    a time to seek, and a time to lose;
    a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
    a time to tear, and a time to sew;
    a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    a time to love, and a time to hate;
    a time for war, and a time for peace.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails