Friday, July 31, 2009

Feathers EVERYWHERE

Meet Ralph ... 


My aunt gave me Ralph when I was a sophomore in college.  She lived twenty minutes from my school and was renovating her house.  With the furniture she was getting, there would be no room for Ralph, an amazingly comfortable chair that she had gotten twenty years earlier when she was living in San Francisco. (FYI my mom named him Ralph because it was from Ralph Lauren) A friend of mine's father & brother were in town with a truck so we decided to make the short trip to retrieve him.  Ralph provided a wonderful place to read, nap and even sleep when I was too tired to climb up to my loft.

I moved Ralph to Atlanta and just recently got this red slipcover.  For the past couple of weeks, I've thought I've heard a rip when I was sitting in him, but the slipcover looked okay, so I assumed it was my imagination.  Today when I heard a rip the thought crossed my mind to look under the cover - maybe Ralph himself was ripping?

So I looked ... 


Feathers EVERYWHERE.

I had been wondering why I had been vacuuming up so many feathers lately.

I'm not longer wondering.

Now - I'm all for fixing things, but I don't think this is repairable.  I think at the ripe old age of 25 years, it may be time to say goodbye to Ralph.

What are your thoughts?  Can this be salvaged?

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    If that's a separate seat cushion, Ralph CAN be repaired. Add a few more feathers and enclose in a zippered case, or at least a pillow case with the end sewn shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary. If the cushion is removable you can either re-cover it or replace it. There may even be a way to remove the cushion if it's attached to the chair.

    Good luck! It looks like super comfy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm, I am not sure. He has lived a good life, maybe it's time to sign a DNR and not put the thing through life-saving measures. He does deserve a nice funeral though.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails