Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ahh, I sous-stand

Does anyone remember the Friends episode where Phoebe comes to visit Monica at work and develops a crush on Monica's sous chef?  Phoebe asks him if he's Monica's boss and he explains that actually Monica is his boss, "sous" is the french word for "under."  Phoebe replies by saying, "Ahh, I sous-stand."

Well I think - after last week's kitchen debacle(s) - I'm starting to sous-stand some things in the kitchen.

For starters - I make a phenomenal sous chef.  Bruce called me yesterday from work and told me what he was thinking for dinner, that he was going to work a little bit late and asked if I could get some things ready?

I could try?

Well, as it turns out, I defrost a mean chicken and scrub and peel a mighty potato (if I do say so myself).

When Bruce got home, he took over the cooking of the chicken while I took care of the potatoes.  The vegetables steamed themselves and voila!!  Dinner for two with no tears.

I'm starting to sous-stand that when you're new to this whole "cooking on a regular basis thing" you should abide by the three S's.  Start small, be simple and take things slow

So, to be continued ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails