Saturday, June 6, 2009

I think I missed my calling ...

... I should have been a wedding coordinator!!  My mom was doing a wedding today and she asked me to come along as a wedding coordinator and I had a ton of fun.  It was completely low stress for me since I didn't know the couple, so I just (among other things) moved everyone into the church, got the wedding started, pushed the little ones down the isle and opened the doors for the bride so she could make a grand entrance.  How fun!!

Bruce and I left early Thursday morning and drove up the coast to New Castle, DE.  We were making great time until we encountered the stalled trap that is D.C. and Baltimore traffic.  Ick.  We got (okay, well since I was navigating maybe it was my fault) frazzled because of that and ended up in New Jersey (I thought we were supposed to cross the Delaware River!!), had to turn around, got back into Delaware, got off the highway and promptly drove past our hotel.  Oy.  We finally got to our hotel and then went and had dinner with Sarah!!  Of course, on our way to dinner, we drove past the restaurant and ended up in Pennsylvania.  Double oy.  Regardless, we made it and I hadn't seen Sarah since November 2007, so I was thrilled to see her and to know I'll see her next week!!

Then next morning we got up and drove in the pouring rain to Cape May, NJ for Jason's graduation.  I guess the rain kind of showed WHY it's so important to have strong men and women in the Coast Guard (if I were stuck on a boat in the middle of a hurricane, I would sing praises if I saw the Coast Guard pull up) but it was still wet, cold and windy outside.  Not a great day for driving long distances or walking around a base (or looking cute - my hair was have a "Monica in Barbados" moment).  The graduation was amazing!!  I took a bunch of videos, but blogger isn't letting me upload them right now.  As soon as I can get it to work, they'll all be posted!!

I drove through the rain and traffic up to CT that night while Bruce went home to Myerstown with his family.  He'll drive up here with a couple of his groomsmen on Wednesday.  It's probably good that we're spending a couple days apart, good that we have this time with our families, great that we got an extra two days up north, even better that we saw Jason graduate - we would have traded all of this for Jason to be at the wedding.  But we're making the best out of a tough situation.  When life hands you lemons, sometimes all you can do is put them in a glass of iced tea.

In the meantime, I'm moving in a million different directions trying to work out last minute details, favors, music, bulletins, etc. etc. etc..  If I keep myself busy, I don't think about all that needs to be done, or the fact that in less than a week I will be married!!  I'm taking it one day at a time, one hour at a time, one moment at a time, one prayer at a time.

And I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life.

Stay tuned ... 

1 comment:

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails