Sunday, April 5, 2009

Why I Love Skype

I got to video chat with my favorite soldier today!!

Granted - there was a lot of delay and it kept cutting out and we really only got to video chat for three minutes, but it made my day nonetheless.


This is one of the pictures Neal sent me - he's been able to treat a lot of Iraqis, which I think is his favorite part of the job.  I love looking through all of the pictures he sends because I love to watch people do what they've been called to do.  It's beautiful, it really is.  I would love to post all of the pictures, but I don't want to post any that show faces.

If you're interested in reading more about Neal's mission, I would encourage you to read this article.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be so proud of our military personnel.  I'm not a pacifist, but I'm an idealist - there has to be a better way, right?  But from the day Neal told me he was joining the army, he's helped me separate the soldier from the war and pray for peace, but also for safety.  For those of you who oppose this war, I would encourage you to find a way to be involved with the soldiers and the families who are left behind.  Supporting the soldier does not support the war.  I have found solace in this.

May you all find peace as together we work & pray for peace,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails