Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Have the Greatest Friends and Family

First of all ... thank you Thank You THANK YOU for all of the wonderful comments, e-mails, texts and ideas in response to my last blog post.  They put me at ease and helped me see the big picture.  They also helped me ignore the mess and finish my Pastoral Care paper!!  12 pages in two days leaving me with a to-do list looking like this:

Polity - Final Paper, 15 pages

That's right - ONE MORE PAPER!!  It's due on Friday, which means I need to be cranking out about 7 pages a day between now and then.  Totally do-able, right?  I definitely have plenty to write about.  Tim didn't really give us a prompt to write off of, but most of us are going to be drafting our ordination papers (at least the UCC part of it).  I think if I stop thinking of it as an assignment that stands in the way of summer and start thinking about it as part of the journey towards ordination, I may just be able to relax and just let God lead me in my writing.

I haven't been as focused on school work as I planned on being (am I ever?)  On Friday night Bruce and I stayed awake to supervise the youth sleeping in their cardboard tent city at the 30 Hour Famine and - without technically being able to eat to stay awake - I started reading Mommywood.  Once I started I HAD to finish.  Luckily, it was a quick read - I finished it on Sunday night!!  It was a nice distraction from everything else I have going on.  It was a cute book - I was a little disappointed at some of pointed remarks and jabs Tori took at her mother.  I know they've had a public and difficult relationship, but I didn't think it was necessarily appropriate for Tori to criticize Candy multiple times a chapter.  It's so unfortunate that they can't either:  A) Find a way to put the past behind them and get along or B) Just agree to live their own lives and not constantly be harping on each other.  Make up or move on.  That being said - it's a cute book.  I still feel like I relate a lot to Tori - in her quest to be perfect, in her admiration of the people around her and in her long spectrum of emotions.  I think I needed to read that after all of the other heavy reading I've done this semester.  I think I'll read Stories From Candyland next (after I finish my Polity paper, of course ... I think).

Bruce and I had a date last night!!  It was fun.  We were both hungry and tired and NOT in the mood to cook so we went to Chili's and sat in the lounge.  We watched the Braves, the Celtics/Bulls playoff game and ended up talking about our honeymoon.  I didn't want to talk about the wedding because I thought we both needed a break, but we got on the subject and were smiling and laughing while we were talking, so it didn't seem like such a bad thing.  We came home, crawled into bed and looked at hotel options while eating Rita's and watching 27 Dresses.  It was a good date!!  We haven't booked anything yet, but I think we'll probably make some final decisions tonight or tomorrow!!

In the meantime, I'm getting geared up to write my Polity paper so I can bid Seminary Year #2 a fond farewell.

Peace & Love,
Sarah :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep going!! You can do it!! I love the new web design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whitney!! It's amazing what you can do when you have a paper due.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails