Monday, March 9, 2009

Give Me Back My Hour!!

Daylight savings time took an ENTIRE HOUR out of my Spring Break. Seriously? I don't think that's right!!

For some reason I just can't get myself into this "spring forward" this time around. And I don't just think it's me - I've talked to a lot of people who are still back an hour in their head (and in their sleep schedule). Here's my question - why do we have to do this on Sunday morning? Some of us have to get up for church!! It would be more helpful if we sprung forward on Friday night so Saturday morning and day could be spent getting into the groove of things so by Sunday I'm ready for church in the morning and not exhausted all day.

Our weekend was spent doing very little. On Friday night Tim and Elisabeth came over for dinner. I was eager to use my wedding presents so we grilled steaks (to use the steak knives) and I made cocktails for Elisabeth and me (using my martini glasses and the cocktail shaker I got in the mail that day). It was a fun night - it was nice to just be able to hang out and not have to think about school (except for how grateful we were to be on Spring Break). Bruce and I slept in on Saturday morning (much to Lilly's dismay - she was begging for food by the time we finally got out of bed) and had a very slow start to our day. Since it was 75 degrees and sunny we went out to lunch, ate on the patio of the restaurant and then went to Emory and layed on the quad for a couple of hours. It was so nice to bask in the sunlight and read something that wasn't assigned to me. When the sun started to go down we left Emory and went to Buckhead to deal with tuxes for the wedding. We got Bruce fitted and picked out the colors/fabrics/patterns that we wanted everyone in. It took a LOT longer than I thought it would but I'm happy that I have one more thing to check off the list. On Saturday night I found West Side Story (the one with Natalie Wood) free On Demand so we watched that and I sang along. We've been on a showtunes kick lately. I think it's because my dad's rehearsing his show.

I did Little Lambs again during church on Sunday (i.e. a Children's Church - type - of - thing). I'm not sure if I'm getting any better, but the experience in children's ministry has been invaluable. The only time I had ever been involved in children's ministry was in Kent and that was with children that I knew extremely well (most of them since they were babies) and was working in a system that was fairly set in stone. It's been good for me to be working from the ground up, getting to know the kids and what their needs are. I think it's safe to say that I wouldn't be good at this full time and for the rest of my life - but for now I'm getting better and I am grateful for that.

I fly up to Connecticut tomorrow for six days. It's funny - that seems like a long time, but I feel like the trip is already over!! I've got a lot to do for the wedding and I've got a meeting with my Church & Ministry Committee, as well as a coffee date with Micki (my In Care mentor) to check in on school stuff. With all the meetings, I'm having a hard time squeezing in fun stuff!! Wedding and ordination are big things in my life so I'm hoping I can just enjoy everything while it's happening and not stress too much. Oh - and get some school work done. That would be nice, too.

Say a prayer for safe travels!!

Peace & Grace,
Sarah :)

Traveling Mercies -
Love the journey
God is with you
Come home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails