Thursday, January 8, 2009

It Feels Like Home ...

I'm trying to come up with ways to make our apartment feel a little bit more "homey."  I love our apartment:  It's got such a great layout and is new and has such wonderful potential, but there's something missing.  I'm just not sure what it is.  Right now it just feels like an apartment.  Here are some of my thoughts so far ... 

1. Put more decorative pillows around - right now we just have our four pillows on our bed and it looks really flat.  I think if I added a couple more to the bed it would give the room more depth.  I also want to get some more for the couch and "ralph" - the oversized chair we got from Leslie.  Right now we only have two and they've kind of flattened themselves out.
***
2. Hang more pictures.  We have pictures everywhere, but we have a lot of wall space and I would like to hang more.  I want to print some of my favorites from our recent travels - maybe some from Experience the Journey, the cross-country trip Kari and I took, my family's cruise of the eastern Mediterranean, Bruce's trip to Africa and my trips to Honduras.  I wish frames were a little bit cheaper, but I think I can get some good deals at IKEA.
***
3.  Possibly rearrange the living room - but that gets tricky because of the cable box.
***
4. Continue to get rid of the clutter that seems to have taken over our lives.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?  I'm not feeling particularly inexpensively creative at the moment so I need some space and money saving ideas.  I wish I could paint, but it seems counterproductive to paint now only to have to paint it back before we move in a year and a half.  Though maybe it could be a fun project ... 

I'm halfway through my J-term class, Non Profit Management and Leadership.  It's been a really good class so far.  There is a lot of reading, but it's all really relevant.  We've gone through a lot of material, but I think everyone in the class seems to be following along.

Okay - so please give me suggestions about "homey-ness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for commenting! Unless I have your email address, I respond to all questions directly in the comment form. Check back if you've asked one! xo, Sarah

Related Posts with Thumbnails